Monday 3rd October – Monday 14th November 2022
Wine & Spirit Education Trust Level 3 Award in Wines (Oct/Nov)
The aim of this six day course is to provide detailed analysis of the principal wines of the world. Students will also benefit from in-depth tastings where they will learn to identify product style and quality.
This qualification is open to students who hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge. It is recommended that students complete the Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits before progressing to the Level 3 Award.
It is a prerequisite for candidates planning to study for the WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines and Spirits qualification.
• The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
• How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal still wines of the world
• sparkling wines of the world
• fortified wines of the world
• How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
• How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Unit 1 is assessed by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and a paper of short written answers.
Unit 2 is assessed by a blind tasting of two wines.
The Qualification is awarded to students who attain a minimum mark of 55% in both units.
The next dates for WSET® Level 3 – Wine are: Monday 3rd October – Monday 14th November 2022
The course will take place over 6 Mondays, with the exam on Monday 14th November (No class Monday 7th November)
9.45am registration, Course 10am – 6pm
Courses must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance to allow time for registration, books & exam papers to arrive.
£675 per person
Price includes study pack, examination fees, wines for tasting and tuition fee
NB There is a £175 non-refundable deposit for cancellations within 2 weeks of the course
A minimum number of students is required for this course to run.
The Wine Academy offers a range of Wine & Spirit Education Trust® Qualifications through our education partner Peter Morris Wilson who is a WSET® Approved Programme Provider & Certified Educator. Peter received global recognition by being one of only 8 shortlisted for “WSET Educator of the Year 2015”.