The aim of this six day course is to provide detailed analysis of the principal wines of the world. Students will also benefit from in-depth tastings where they will learn to identify product style and quality.
This qualification is open to students who hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge. It is recommended that students complete the Level 2 Award in Wines before progressing to the Level 3 Award.
It is a prerequisite for candidates planning to study for the WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines qualification.
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal
- Still wines of the world
- Sparkling wines of the world
- Fortified wines of the world
- How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
- How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Unit 1 is assessed by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and a paper of short written answers.
Unit 2 is assessed by a blind tasting of two wines.
The Qualification is awarded to students who attain a minimum mark of 55% in both units.
The courses are run and administered by The Wine Academy Approved Programme Provider.
They are taken by Peter Morris Wilson Nom. Ed. & Susan Rees WSET Cert Ed.
Peter is passionate about wine & spirit education and he received global recognition by being one of only 8 shortlisted for “WSET Educator of the Year 2015”.
The courses are open to all our retail and trade customers.
The next dates for WSET® Level 3 – Wine are:
Monday 14th September – Monday 19th October
The course will take place over 6 Mondays, with the exam on Monday 19th October
9.45am registration, Course 10am – 6pm
Courses must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance to allow time for registration, study material & exam papers to arrive.
£595 per person
Price includes study materials, examination fees, wines for tasting and tuition fees. Tea, coffee & sandwiches will be provided.